Working together, developing quality employees for Finney County area businesses
Finney County Workforce Connection was formed in April 2014 to create an aggressive community-wide campaign to recruit, enhance, and retain a sustainable workforce in the Finney County region.
To achieve this goal, we work together to identify, create, and utilize important partnerships and resources in the community and surrounding area.
Through collaboration of local organizations, the workforce initiative is able to provide information, assistance, and action through numerous channels. This creates a unified effort on behalf of the community and provides our citizens, businesses, and future community members with the most efficient and effective services available in the area.
10.09.2018 GROUP MEETINGS
11:00 am @ FCEDC, 114 W. Pine- Recruitment & Retention Group
2:30 pm @ KansasWorks, 107 E. Spruce, Resource Group
10.12.2018 GROUP MEETING
9:30 am @ GCHS, 2720 Buffalo Way Blvd- Youth Development Group
10.18.2018 GROUP MEETING
9:00 am @ TBD- Special Populations Group
10.24.2018 LARGE GROUP MEETING
11:00 am @ GCCC, Broncbuster Room
11.15.2018 EXPLORATION DAY
More info coming soon! Open to all area HS Juniors & Seniors...
Employee Recruitment & Retention
meets 2nd Tuesday, 11 am, FCEDC
- Increase awareness of the importance of employee retention.
- Improve employers' access to information and tools to support their ability to retain employees.
- Identify under-employed and unemployed workforce in Finney County.
- Reach out to under-employed and unemployed from out-of-area.
- Partner with the Youth Development Committee to identify students ready to enter the workforce upon completion of education.
meets 2nd Friday, 9:30 am, GCHS
- Promote Finney County opportunties to our youth.
- Encourage youth to stay in Finney County after completion of education or training.
- Prepare youth for long-term career success and good citizenship.
meets 2nd Tuesday, 2:30 pm, KansasWorks
- Develop a comprehensive marketing campaign to include multiple distribution channels with a focus on career and job opportunities, quality of life in the Finney County area, and promoting awareness of the collective efforts of the Finney County Workforce Connection.
- Identify and develop partners and relationships.
- Identify educational and financial resouces.
meets 3rd Thursday, 9 am, location TBD
- Provide training and placement opportunities for those currently re-entering society.