PUBLIC NOTICE OF FUND AVAILABILITY
Local small businesses are currently feeling the unprecedented pressures from the economic and health impacts of COVID-19. In order to help alleviate some of these pressures, the City of Garden City and Finney County have financial assistance (as available) for working capital through recaptured Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds under the Economic Development Category. Funds will be in the form of a short-term loan and must be used by existing businesses for working capital needed to retain jobs. Working capital is defined as salaries/wages, inventory purchase, utilities, rent, insurance payments, etc. Retained jobs must meet the 51% low-to-moderate income requirement of the CDBG/RLF program.
All applications will be submitted to the governing body for approval.
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Kansas Department of Labor- Unemployment Benefit Information
- Childcare Provider Assistance- Kansas Children's Cabinet and Trust Fund
- Network Kansas
- Center for Disease Control
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment
- Small Business Administration
- Community Service Tax Credit Program-- applications are accepted through May 31, 2020 for eligible non-profit organizations
- US Department of Labor
- US Department of the Treasury- Assistance for Small Business
- US Chamber of Commerce
- 1st Congressional District Rep. Dr. Roger Marshall- Coronavirus Resources
- USDA COVID-19 Rural Resource Guide